***Every 90 minutes someone is diagnosed with ALS***
PLEASE sign-up and join forces with Bulldog to raise money for the ALS Therapy Development Institute. ALS – Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (aka Lou Gehrig’s Disease) is a progressive nervous system (neurological) disease that destroys nerve cells and causes disability. The event is in honor of Kris Grahnke (friend of fellow Bulldog CrossFitter, Rosie Hackl) who has been fighting the disease for the past several years. Kris and his wife, Michelle, and many others who have faced the fight of ALS, have relied on each other to stay strong and partner together to make life as manageable as possible with this daunting disease. Because no one should ever be alone to fight this adversity, the event will be a partner WOD to reflect their dedication to each other.
The ALS Therapy Development Institute and its scientists actively discover and develop treatments for ALS. They are the world’s first and largest nonprofit biotech focused 100% on ALS research. Led by people with ALS and drug development experts, they understand the urgent need to slow and stop the disease.
When: Saturday, February 11th
Where: Bulldog CrossFit
Time: 9am (Heats will be set up soon)
What: Partner WOD to Wipe Out ALS
Register Here: http://give.classy.org/wtwoals
– FIRST AND FOREMOST…Sign up and create your personal fundraising page at https://www.classy.org/forest-park/events/wod-to-wipe-out-als/e102016 AND don’t forget to share it on Facebook.
– $25 advance registration prior to January 21st guarantees you an event t-shirt and swag bag filled with goodies. $25 day of registration (does not include t-shirt and swag bag will be pending availability).
– We encourage you to get a partner ahead of time. If you can’t find one we’ll pair you up with someone.
– Heat time slots will be created soon in Mindbody
– WOD will have a scaled option.
– Prizes will be awarded to those that raise the most amount of money.
– Spectators are welcome with a suggested donation of $10.00 or more.
TOGETHER WE WILL WIPE OUT ALS!